The information provided here is a summary of relevant events at Colegio Canadiense that frame our history.
- Classes start with 1,080 students and 156 employees. Agreements with partner school districts in Canada are renewed. The first seniors’ class prepares for graduation and the fourth EJE Fair “Meeting of Young Entrepreneurs” is organized.
- A total of 48 students graduate as members of the first graduating class from Colegio Canadiense. The graduation ceremony takes place at Hotel Intercontinental in Medellin with an audience of 500 people.
- The student Thomas Casallas Mejía, from Grade 9, won first place in the area of mathematics in city tests “EQAO” in Ottawa, Canada, achieving the best score in Brook Field High School, high school he attended during his participation in the Immersion Program in Canada.
- Solidarity campaigns are conducted in the Municipality of Bello with the victims from the landslide that occurred at the neighborhood La Gabriela; also in the Municipality of La Estrella with the community of the neighborhood La Inmaculada and the campaign La Cajita del Amor; as well as Christmas presents to children's homes and the surrounding community; and lastly, support to the Government and its solidarity campaign for people affected by the heavy rains that occurred nationwide.
- The following events take place: Spelling Bee, Skating Festival organized by the Extracurricular Department, Children's Day, Canadian Cup, Costume Day, CSMUN, the third EJE Fair at Palacio de Exposiciones de Medellin, Fashion Show, Recycling Parade, Competition "Cuéntamelo todo", Father’s and Mother’s Day celebration, the academic and cultural immersion program in Canada "Summer Experience" in Ottawa with 38 students from Colegio de la Universidad Pontifica Bolivariana, Traveler Talks activity and the play La flauta y el Cristal Mágico performed at Teatro Metropolitano de Medellín.
- The design of the 50th edition of the School Magazine “Why?” is done by the student Daniel López from Grade 11.
- 10 students from grade 10 are certified with SENA in “La acción de Formación: Cátedra Virtual de Pensamiento Empresarial, Mentalidad Empresarial”.
- The school’s basketball team won the “Olimpiadas de la Amistad” competition at Colegio Cumbres.