Through the Grade 9 Academic and Cultural Immersion Program in Canada, the School aims to provide its students with the opportunity to go to Canada and live there for close to six months so that they can practice their English in a native speaking setting as well as learn from Canadian costumes and values while they develop important skills for their future adult lives, such as autonomy, independence, character, the capacity to face and solve problems, the ability to adjust to change and new settings and the use of assertive communication, among others.
The following are the specific goals of the program:
- To study in one of the high schools (secondary schools) located in one of the three cities that are offered in the program.
- To take part of real-life situations that motivate and force students to communicate in English.
- To immerse in an English-speaking environment that helps students develop their English language skills.
Students are enrolled in one of the high schools located in one of the cities offered in the program: Langley, Abbotsford and Kelowna, province of British Columbia, Canada. These three cities are located near Vancouver, in the west coast of Canada. There, students attend classes in English, Mathematics, Science and French.
Students stay individually in local families that are selected and administered directly by each school district. These families, called “host families” or “homestay families”, welcome each student as a new member of their home, providing them with all the care and support needed during their stay in Canada.
The agency selected to promote and operate this immersion program is EduQuest. Their advisors help each participating student apply for a Canadian visa.
- The program takes place during the first semester of Grade 9
- Students register and attend pre-departure orientation sessions while they are studying Grade 8
- The length of the program is one academic semester or 22 calendar weeks
- The cities offered within the program are Abbotsford, Langley and Kelowna; Province of British Columbia, Canada
- The cost of the program starts at CAD$13,100 and goes up to CAD$13,720 (each city has different program fees)
- Confirmed dates for the 2023-2024 school year are August 27, 2022 (start date), and January 29, 2024 (end date)
- Potential dates for the 2024-2025 school year are August 30, 2024 (start date) and February 1, 2025 (end date)
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year is closed. Registration for the 2024-2025 school year will start in September 2023.
Note: students interested in participating must comply with all participation requirements set out in the School’s Student Handbook.
To learn more about the School’s Grade 9 Immersion Program in Canada, please visit EduQuest’s website, or contact an EduQuest representative through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, the cell phone number / WhatsApp number +57 305-243-5763 or the telephone number +57 (604) 444-7564 Ext. 7020.